Things That Make Russian Doll Such a Good Show To Watch:
- The fact that I did not know much about the show at all before I started watching it. This is very rare these days, and I did not start watching until about two months after it originally came out. I had to be told multiple times how good it was and that I should watch it, as I am always slow to start a new TV show. Surprisingly though, nothing about the show was spoiled for me, except the basic premise you learn just by watching the trailer.
- Natasha Lyonne’s hair. The poster for this show really took advantage of her amazing hair.
- Natasha Lyonne’s voice. I wish I could replace Siri’s voice with Natasha Lyonne’s voice.
- Natasha Lyonne’s acting. This is the first role I have really seen her in (And I never got into Orange Is The New Black, so I now know what I have been missing out on.)
- Basically Natasha Lyonne in general…
- All of the characters in this show in general are fantastic. Overall, most of the actors are “fresh faces” to me, so it was refreshing and unexpected to become fans of a talented cast I have not seen before. Besides Natasha Lyonne, Greta Lee was also a scene-stealer.
- All of the fashion in this show, which makes me want to empty out my closet and start rocking suits.
- The show’s main “theme song” that kicks off the first episode will get stuck in your head in a good way. Plus all of the music in general adds to the emotional roller coaster in each episode.
- Amy Poehler being a co-creator on the show. Natasha and Amy’s writing shines through in every episode.
- The show being a Netflix original, as I had no problem binge watching this show straight to the end. Although each episode is written as if you would be watching the show week to week, I was hooked from the beginning and happy to have the entire series to watch. I hope they plan on bringing it back for a second season.