In reading the book Option B from Sheryl Sandberg (author, Facebook executive, and businesswoman) you will read about:
- The emotional tale of Sheryl Sandberg’s husband’s death and the aftermath
- Her experience through the process of grief
- Parenting, as a single parent, through grief
- A variety of other people’s personal resilience stories, including stories about miscarriages, death of a child, rape, death of a spouse, rejection by family members, cancer, suicide, disabilities, incarceration, poverty, abuse, etc.
- How we approach and recover from negative events
- The need for policies regarding time off from work to deal with emotional and health related issues
- How friends and family can support someone going through a difficult time in their life
- Dealing with our own mistakes and forming self-compassion
- Therapeutic aspects of journaling
- Looking for positive outcomes and personal growth out of trauma and tragedy
- Learning to draw from moments of joy in life, no matter how small
- Teaching resilience to children
- How to move forward from failure
Overall, Option B is an emotional and encouraging book.