I cannot believe the award season is already starting with the Golden Globes this upcoming Sunday. I feel this is one of the better movie years, compared to the last few, as the award competition is crowded and the film The Big Short is definitely a contender.
Things to Know About The Big Short:
- While the film is not very diverse(in terms of gender and race) there is definitely a strong lineup of talented actors including Christian Bale, Ryan Gosling, Steve Carell, and Brad Pitt(basically all my faves) who bring a to life some interesting characters.
- The film is based off the book The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine which is written by Michael Lewis and the interesting characters are based off of real people.
- The film centers on the financial moments leading up to the 2008 housing crises and recession in The United States. While the financial content of the 2008 housing crises may seem complex and boring, the film takes this material and attempts to present it in a edgy, accessible, funny, and even heartfelt way(which sounds like a lot for a film but The Big Short was successful).
- The film is rated R mostly for swearing and like 30 seconds of nudity.
- Overall the film gives you a look into the financial world(mostly the deceitful aspects) and aims to give the audience a better understanding of what happened in 2008.