I went this weekend to see the last film of the Hunger franchise, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2(What a mouth full!) I was a fan of the book series many years ago, and I have been a fan of these films.
- It is the last films of the series, and I cannot believe I saw the first film and Jennifer Lawrence for the first time on the screen in 2012. Where has time gone?
- Since I read the books, I felt that there were some character stories and some big plot points that were glossed over a bit. However, that is just if I want to be picky as the entire series has done a great job of sticking to the books.
- If you have seen the first three films, then you are aware that this series does not shy away from some unhappy endings for some of the characters, so be prepared for that throughout the final film.
- Jennifer Lawrence! I think the smartest thing the casting directors for this franchise ever did was cast Jennifer Lawrence. She is my favorite part about this movie, and really makes the story great.(Overall there is some awesome actresses to look out for in this film).
- The action in the film was also great. The movie really brought to life some of the great scenes in the final book.
- Also, I saw this film at the L.A. Live Regal Cinema, and I was incredibly impressed. If you have the chance, you should go see an action film at this theater.